Equity Release Calculator in Oct 2021
How Much Money Can You Release?
⏱️ Get results in just 8 seconds.
How Much Money Can You Release From Your Home?
Find Out the Amount of Cash You Can Unlock in Oct 2021 With Our UK Release Equity Calculator. It's Free & It's Fast. Get Started Now.
Before You Start Reading....
Let's See How Much You Can Release Below 👇
It's VERY FAST, takes just 8 seconds
Want to See Much You Can Release? Use Our FREE Equity Release Calculator
You could be sitting on a goldmine and not even know it!
No documentation is required, and the results are instantly sent to your email address.
We’ll help you discover:
- The maximum amount of equity that you can unlock from your home in Oct 2021.
- How to get the most out of your plan.
- What will affect your calculation?
Why should we assist?
Our team consists of some of the leading experts in the field. We’ve spent countless hours reviewing over 220 plan options, and we’ve used the latest technology to create this accurate tool for you to try.
So, are you wondering what will determine how much equity you can unlock? Find out now!
Do I Qualify for Equity Release?
Before you start, let’s first ensure that you qualify for equity release in Oct 2021.
While there are various types of equity release, standard qualification criteria are:
- Owning a home in the UK.
- The youngest homeowner must be at least 55 years of age.
- Your home must be valued at £70,000 or more.
- You must live in your home permanently. The property needs to be your primary residence and can’t be unoccupied for more than 6 months at a time.
- You must be either mortgage-free or only have a small mortgage remaining. You’ll be required to pay off your mortgage with the equity release before keeping the balance.
MUST-SEE: Compare Equity Release Deals Here
3 Reasons Why You Should Use Our FREE UK Equity Release Calculator
- It’s the first step towards unlocking the key to your dream retirement. It’s quick, easy, and you’ll get your results right away. The equity loan calculator is the perfect way to get a sense of how much equity you could be eligible to unlock in just 8 seconds.
- We’ll protect your personal details. In addition, by using our calculator, you’ll get a FREE question and answer call from an equity release adviser from Age Partnership. This is a fantastic opportunity that we’re so pleased to share.
- We’ll instantly email your results. It’s that simple.
How Do You Calculate Equity Release?
The following is considered to calculate the amount of equity you can unlock from your home:
- The age of the youngest homeowner.
- The value of the property.
As previously mentioned, plans start for individuals or couples who are 55 or older. The maximum amount that someone who’s 55 can unlock is 29.5% of the value of their estate 1. Each year, that amount will increase at 1% on average, capping at 59.28%.
The Calculator Results Explained
Important note: While it will provide as accurate as possible information, remember that everyone’s circumstances differ, and the various equity release companies will offer different deals.
It’s only once you’ve had an up-to-date home valuation and been given an exact offer from a lender, will you know the precise maximum amount of equity that you’re able to unlock.
In addition, the precise interest rates that you pay will vastly be determined by the amount of equity you agree to borrow.
What Percentage Can You Get on Equity Release?
As you know by now, the Loan to Value (LTV)3 that you’ll qualify for is very much determined by your age. To make things easy, we’ve done the calculations for you.
Here’s the percentage of the best equity release deals you can get if you’re healthy or qualify for an enhanced lifetime mortgage.
Equity Release Loan-to-Value Table
|Age of the Youngest Homeowner||Standard Equity Release||Enhanced Lifetime Mortgage|
Examples of Lifetime Mortgages on a £150,000 House
To make things even easier, we’ve even calculated the amount of equity you could stand to release, based on your age.
Check this out:
At Age 55
- Perfect Health: Maximum equity release = £44,250 (£150,000 x 29.5%)
- Enhanced Lifetime Mortgage: Maximum equity release = £64,400 (£150,000 x 43.6%)
At Age 60
- Perfect Health: Maximum equity release = £54,300 (£150,000 x 36.2%)
- Enhanced Lifetime Mortgage: Maximum equity release = £74,250 (£150,000 x 49.5%)
At Age 70
- Perfect Health: Maximum equity release = £69,750 (£150,000 x 46.5%)
- Enhanced Lifetime Mortgage: Maximum equity release = £81,750 (£150,000 x 54.5%)
At Age 80
- Perfect Health: Maximum equity release = £85,500 (£150,000 x 57.0%)
- Enhanced Lifetime Mortgage: Maximum equity release = £85,650 (£150,000 x 57.1%)
At Age 90
- Perfect Health: Maximum equity release = £88,950 (£150,000 x 59.3%)
- Enhanced Lifetime Mortgage: Maximum equity release = £86,850 (£150,000 x 57.9%)
What Can Affect the Maximum Percentage?
As we’ve said, everyone’s circumstances differ. While we can give an estimate, there’s a lot that can impact the amount of equity available in your property.
Here are 9 factors:
Medically Underwritten Equity Release Plans
While illness can be terrible, there is a silver lining when it comes to releasing equity from your home.
The lender will consider your lifestyle and medical conditions, which will be determined by a simple questioner that the lender sends.
You won’t need to endure a medical exam.
When it comes to most equity release plans, you’ll have to settle a lender’s fee with your provider.
In general, you won’t need to pay this fee upfront. Most plan providers can deduct the fee from your loan amount or add it to the final tally.
Pro Tip: To obtain maximum equity, you should add these arrangement fees to the loan amount.
Equity Release Plans With Cash-Back
Some equity release plans also include cashback which will give you extra income with no interest.
You can use the cash in any way you wish, but a great option is to help you pay off the fees associated with your equity release plan.
In some cases, the cashback amount is fixed and won’t be determined by the amount of equity that you elect to release.
On the other hand, some plan providers will offer a percentage of the amount you select. This could be as much as 2% to 5%.
Joint vs. Single Equity Release
While the age of the youngest borrower will determine the amount you can release, some lenders might offer you a more favourable LTV if you apply as a couple rather than as an individual.
Most lenders require that the equity release application be made in joint names if an applicant is married.
However, consider applying in one name if:
- The property is only owned by one person in the couple.
- Your spouse has an alternative primary residence.
- The youngest applicant is below 55.
- The oldest spouse could get vastly favourable interest rates.
Pro Tip: If you’re married, it is advisable to release equity as a couple because one partner will be allowed to stay in the house when the other passes away.
The construction of your property might play a role in determining which lender will offer you an equity release plan.
While the rules have relaxed over the years, there are still some limitations regarding certain property types.
The loan is taken against your house, so the equity release lender needs to know that their investment is secure. The reason for this is that in most cases, it’s the sale of the home that’s used to pay off the equity release mortgage.
Therefore, the lender will want to ensure that the home will likely sell for a favourable profit.
A house that’s not built using bricks and stone, and isn’t made using a tiled pitched roof, might not qualify for all equity release plans. In addition, the LTV could drop as a result.
Equity release plans are available to homeowners in most parts of the United Kingdom. Everyone on the mainland should be covered.
If you live in Scotland, there could be fewer plans available to you. In addition, only 2 lenders have plans available in Northern Ireland, giving you far less options to find the best deal.
Finally, any island off of the mainland will have limited lenders who are available to assist.
Equity release providers have started offering amazing specials and flexibility to stand out from the crowd, with the industry growing drastically.
These may include:
- Early payment recharge exemptions.
- Lower interest rates.
- A free valuation.
Pro Tip: Don’t be fooled by a flashy special. Remember to check out all aspects of your plan to determine which one will be best for you and your family. In addition, consult with a financial adviser before making any final decisions.
If you have friends, family members, or children living at home, you may not qualify for many of the equity release plans available.
However, this is not an issue in some cases, and you can all still live happily under the same roof. That being said, some lenders may limit the number of lodgers that you can have.
Second / Holiday Homes / Buy-to-Let
Our tool is based on your primary residence. You need to live there predominantly.
There are equity release plan options for your second home, holiday home, or buy-to-let property.
Still unsure? Discover: What’s equity release, and why should I care?
Now that you’ve gotten a sense of how much equity you could unlock, you’re probably wondering, is equity release a good idea?
Whether you opt for a lifetime mortgage or a home reversion scheme, with the right advice and guidance, equity release can be a fantastic way to fund your retirement.
Got Questions? Check These First
How Do You Calculate Equity Release?
You calculate equity release by using our FREE equity release calculator. The calculator will consider your age and property value to get an estimate. The final amount of equity will be based on a professional property valuation.
How Much Equity Release Can I Get From My Property?
The amount of equity you can get from your property depends on your age, the value of your estate, and your health condition.
Editorial Note: This content has been independently collected by the SovereignBoss advisor team and is offered on a non-advised basis. Sovereignboss may earn a commission on sales made from partner links on this page, but that doesn’t affect our editors’ opinions or evaluations.
How Much Can You Release?
Find Out Below 👇
It's VERY FAST, takes just 8 seconds
You may also like
- HOUSING FINANCE AND MONETARY POLICY
2012 Journal of the European Economic Association Volume: 11, pp 101-122 DOI: 10.1111/J.1542-4774.2012.01095.X
Alessandro Calza 1,Tommaso Monacelli 2,Livio Stracca 1
1 European Central Bank ,2 Bocconi University 1234
- Homebuyers, Liquidity Constraints and Private Market Solutions – European Best Practices
2019 Intereconomics Volume: 54, Issue: 1, pp 53-58 DOI: 10.1007/S10272-019-0792-5
Institut der deutschen Wirtschaft 12345
- The UK Equity Release Market: Views from the Regulatory Authorities, Product Providers and Advisors
2020 Social Science Research Network DOI: 10.2139/SSRN.3714552
Tripti Sharma 1,Declan French 2,Donal G. McKillop 2
1 University College Cork ,2 Queen’s University 1
- Computing Realized Compound Yield With A Financial Calculator: A Note
2011 American Journal of Business Education Volume: 4, Issue: 6, pp 11-14 DOI: 10.19030/AJBE.V4I6.4358
Ralph Terregrossa ,Ronald L. Moy 12
- Deploying Secure Multi-Party Computation for Financial Data Analysis
2012 Financial Cryptography pp 57-64 DOI: 10.1007/978-3-642-32946-3_5
Dan Bogdanov 1,2,Riivo Talviste 1,2,Jan Willemson 1
1 Cybernetica ,2 University of Tartu 123
- An Integrated Cluster Detection, Optimization, and Interpretation Approach for Financial Data.
2021 IEEE Transactions on Systems, Man, and Cybernetics pp 1-14 DOI: 10.1109/TCYB.2021.3109066
Tie Li ,Gang Kou ,Yi Peng ,Philip S. Yu 12
Do you already have a plan?
Most people are using equity release as a means of retaining the use of their house while also obtaining a lump sum or a steady stream of income. Get matched with an expert and check your eligibility for equity release options.
See how much you can release today.