Legal & General (L&G) Equity Release Reviews (2022)
Before You Start Reading…
How Much Can You Release? 👇
Legal & General Equity Release
I think you’ll agree with me when I say:
It’s REALLY hard to choose the best equity release providers with all the choices available.
Or is it?
Is Legal & General equity release the best?
The companies we profile, are the best in the business to help you unlock the cash tied into your home.We’re here to help you:
- Understand the services that Legal & General offers.
- Determine if they might be able to assist you and your family on your equity release journey.
Let’s find out NOW!
As experts in the equity release field (we’ve reviewed more than 250 schemes!), we’ve combed the market, researched all equity release service providers and narrowed it down to who’s on top.
Is Legal & General the ideal equity release loan company to assist you and your family?
What’s Equity Release?
An equity release mortgage is, in a nutshell, a loan plus interest that is paid back to the lender when the homeowner passes away or goes into permanent care.
Who Are Legal & General?
Legal & General Group plc, or simply Legal & General, is a British global financial services corporation based in London.
What About the Legal & General Equity Release Calculator?
Before you consider using the Legal & General calculator, please take note.
Our providers can almost always match & BEAT any existing equity release quote that you find through Legal & General.
So first use this calculator below & see how much you can release.
How Much Can You Release?
Use the Calculator Below 👇
Why Consider Legal & General?
Unlock the value of your home with Legal & General, to access tax-free cash that’ll fund your retirement.
They have nearly 200 years of financial service experience and have since expanded to the US.
They are Europe’s largest insurance and asset management groups and have over £1 trillion in assets.
- The Mortgage Awards 2020 – later lifetime lender of the year
- Mortgage Strategy Awards 2020 – Best equity release provider/lifetime lender
Legal & General Reviews & Ratings
- Legal & General Reviews on UK.TrustPilot.com
- Reviews of Legal & General on Reviews.io
- Legal & General Reviewed on SmartMoneyPeople.com
Legal & General Complaints
If you’re dissatisfied with Legal & General and want to make a complaint, the greatest place to do so is on their website.
They are concerned about their clients and will route you to the appropriate department if possible.
The alternative option, if you choose to use a review site like Trustpilot or Feefo, is to provide an assessment.
Pros & Cons
- An experienced reputable lender with over 89,000 customers at a rate of over 400 per week.
- A financial advisor is appointed for you, with no fee.
- Lots of flexibility for how you’d like to receive your money.
- The option for early repayments.
- Inheritance protection.
- No negative equity guarantee.
- Members of the Equity Release Council.
- The interest owed compounds quickly, meaning your estate can rapidly diminish.
Editor’s Rating: 4.82
- Min Equity Offered: £10,000
- Max Equity Offered:£750,000 (refer cases over this)
- Lowest Age: 55 years
- Highest Age: 90 years
- Property value from: £70,000 (Flexible Violet is not available for £70,000–£99,999 properties). £100,000 for flats, maisonettes, ex-council, ex-housing association, and ex-MOD.
- Property Maximum Value: £2,000,000 (refer cases over this for physical valuations)
- Property Location: England, Wales, or mainland Scotland.
- Property Types: Freehold and Leasehold (remaining term plus the age of the youngest borrower at completion must be at least 175 years)
Legal & General Flexible Pink Lifetime Mortgage
The Legal & General Flexible Pink Lifetime Mortgage has interest rates available from as low as 2.75%.
The plan also comes with 2% cashback, free valuation, no completion fee, GILT-based repayment charges, and a relatively low 28.7% Maximum LTV.
Legal & General Flexible Navy Lifetime Mortgage DTV
The Legal & General Flexible Navy Lifetime Mortgage DTV interest rates start at 3.55%, but the maximum LTV is higher at 39.5%.
Once again, expect a free valuation, free application, and GILT-based repayment charges.
- Optional partial repayments
- Inheritance protection at no extra cost
- Free valuation
Legal & General Equity Release Interest Rates & Schemes Compared
Are you looking for a specific equity release scheme? These are some of the schemes offered or covered by Legal & General.
Not what you’re looking for?
Have a look at all the equity release schemes available on the market.
With our easy-to-use table or compare the equity release rates!
Legal & General Core Info
Legal & General is the UK’s largest supplier of individual life assurance products and a top 20 worldwide asset manager.
The equity release business was started in 1836 and has since developed into one of Europe’s leading insurance and asset management firms.
By delivering stable pension incomes, L&G works with corporations, pension fund trustees, and advisers.
To safeguard the corporate pensions of workers who are in or are nearing retirement.
They also provide annuities and lifetime mortgages to individual consumers who are searching for financial stability in their later years.
L&G specialises in a variety of items, including:
- Retirement solutions
- Life cover
- Equity Release
- One Coleman Street
- EC2R 5AAE C 2 R 5 A A
- UNITED KINGDOM
- Legal and General Assurance Society Limited
FCA Permitted Services
- Consumer Credit
- Financial Conduct Authority (FAC) ¹
- Financial Services Authority Now the Prudential Regulation Authority (PRA) ¹
- FCA Ref Number: 117659
- FCA Reg Number: 166055
FCA & Companies House Link
Legal & General Contact Number
- 737 370 370
- One Coleman Street, London EC2R 5AA
Is Legal & General A Member of the Equity Release Council?
Yes, Legal & General is a member of the Equity Release Council.
What Are Legal & General's Interest Rates?
The rates vary depending on the type of scheme but it goes from a minimum of 2.97% to a maximum of 4.63%
Their Lifetime Mortgages have a fixed interest rate for life, which means it will not change for the duration of your loan. Interest is charged on a compounding basis, which means that interest is charged on the loan amount plus any interest already charged.
Interest on their Lifetime Mortgages is calculated daily and added to the amount you owe each month. This means that the amount you owe will quickly increase over time, reducing the equity left in your home, especially if the loan continues for a longer period. There may be cheaper ways to borrow money.
Learn More: What is the Interest on Equity Release?
Who Owns Legal & General Equity?
Legal & General is owned by its customers. Around 97% of the company’s shares are held by around 6 million private investors and pension funds.
Where is Legal & General Located?
The official address of the company is The Mound, London
Does Legal & General Do Equity Release?
Yes, Legal & General does Equity Release.
Is Legal & General Equity Release Safe?
Yes, They’re FCA regulated and are a member of the equity release council and follow their guidelines.
So here’s the scoop – our intention is to help you by finding the best Legal & General lifetime mortgage so that you can spend the money on something that you really want, rather than on a high tax bill.
Before You Go…
Use the FREE Calculator Below 👇
Editorial Note: This content has been independently collected by the SovereignBoss advisor team and is offered on a non-advised basis. Sovereignboss may earn a commission on sales made from partner links on this page, but that doesn’t affect our editors’ opinions or evaluations. Learn more about our editorial guidelines.