Use the FREE Refinance Calculator
See how much cash you can release from your home.
What are the Benefits?
About the Providers We Compare
Did You Know? Every 12 minutes a homeowner over 55 in the UK unlocks £91,667 tax-free cash.
Want To Chat?
Chat with an Expert
* We’ll get an expert to give you a quick call.
Last updated 08 June 2020
Our Most Commonly Asked Questions
- You have to get advice before getting any plan.
- Check for schemes that have a no negative equity3 guarantee, so you will never be in debt more than your home’s value.
- It reduces the value of your estate.
- The initial consultation is free with no obligation.
- The most popular form is a life-time mortgage, which is a loan secured against your home. Note that you will still own your home.
Refinance is a way of releasing the wealth (cash) tied up in your house without the need to move.
With these release products, if you are over 55 years old, you can either borrow against the value of your home or sell all or part of it for a monthly payment, a lump sum, or a combination of these options.
Use our refinance calculator to see how much you can release now.
Lifetime Mortgage LoanYou release a lump sum from the value of your house, by taking out a mortgage4 set on it (provided it is your primary residence) whilst retaining 100% ownership of your home. This amount, plus any interest accrued, (you can opt to make repayments) is repaid from homes’ sale when you pass away or move into long-term care.
Drawdown Lifetime MortgageThis works similar to the other scheme but with a cash reserve/draw down options allowing you to withdraw amounts at a frequency you like up to a specified amount of years, or until the cash reserve has been used up.
Interest-Only Lifetime MortgageYou get a lump sum and pay a monthly interest on the loan, which can be fixed or variable, rather than allowing the interest to roll up. The amount you originally borrowed is normally repaid when your home is eventually sold.
Home Reversion PlanHere, you retail some or all of your house to a home reversion provider in exchange for a lump sum of money or regular payments, whilst retaining the right to keep residing in your home, no rental fee , for as long as you live, but you have to agree to preserve and insure it. At the end of the plan your home is sold and the sale proceeds are shared according to the remaining proportions of ownership. Use our free lifetime mortgage calculator to see how much you can release now.
You are free to use the money on almost anything you choose. There are many reasons for releasing equity from your home and here are just a few of them.
- To supplement your pension income to cover living expenses
- To settle a repayment mortgage or clear the balance on an interest-only mortgage
- To improve your lifestyle
- To see your families enjoy their inheritance while you’re still here
- To carry out some home renovations
- To take that holiday you deserve
- To help your children onto the property ladder
- To pay off other outstanding debt and lower your monthly outgoings.
Use our free refinance calculator to see how much you can release now.
Are You set to
See How Much You Can Release?
SovereignBoss.co.uk is a marketplace connecting people with companies. Accordingly, SovereignBoss.co.uk does not provide quotes or sell products directly to consumers and is not a licensed agent or broker.