Sun Life Equity Release Review
Before You Start Reading…
How Much Can You Release? 👇
Sun Life Equity Release
I think you’ll agree with me when I say:
It’s REALLY hard to choose the best equity release provider with all the choices available.
Or is it?
Is Sun Life equity release the best?
The companies we profile, are the best in the business to help you unlock the cash tied into your home.We’re here to help you:
- Understand the services that Sun Life offers.
- Determine if they might be able to assist you and your family on your equity release journey.
Let’s find out NOW!
As experts in the equity release field (we’ve reviewed more than 250 schemes!), we’ve combed the market, researched all equity release service providers and narrowed it down to who’s on top.
Is Sun Life the ideal equity release loan company to assist you and your family?
What’s Equity Release?
An equity release mortgage is, in a nutshell, a loan plus interest that is paid back to the lender when the homeowner passes away or goes into permanent care.
Who Are Sun Life?
Sun Life Financial, Inc. is a financial services firm based in the UK that specialises in life insurance1 .
It is one of the world’s largest life insurance businesses, as well as one of the oldest, dating back to 1865.
What About the Sun Life Equity Release Calculator?
Before you consider using the Sun Life calculator, please take note.
Our providers can almost always match & BEAT any existing equity release quote that you find through Sun Life.
So first use this calculator below & see how much you can release.
How Much Can You Release?
Use the Calculator Below 👇
Why Consider Sun Life?
Founded in 1820, SunLife Ltd is a UK-based financial services company.
In 1900, they became the first company to offer life insurance without a medical.
In 2018, SunLife partnered with Age Partnership.
SunLife Reviews & Ratings
SunLife equity release has a 4.7 rating on Trustpilot, making them a favourable option for equity release.
Sunlife Online Rating
SunLife Equity Release Complaints
If you’re unhappy with Sun Life and would like to make a complaint then the best way to do this is reach out directly on their website.
They care about their customers and will forward you to the relevant department.
The alternative is to use a review site such as Trustpilot or Feefo and leave a review and they’ll quickly reach out to you to assist.
Pros & Cons
- Several products to choose from.
- Price-match guarantee.
- Lenient eligibility criteria.
- You continue to live in your own home until you or your partner, if named on your equity release scheme, die or move into a care home.
- You can still move home with an equity release scheme but fees may apply.
- SunLife’s partners (Age Partnership) is a member of the Equity Release Council therefore all of their equity release products come with a ‘no negative equity’ guarantee which means you will never owe more than the value of your home.
- In addition, equity release schemes are also regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA).
- The SunLife equity release service is provided by award-winning specialists Age Partnership.
- Interest can compound quickly, leaving little for your beneficiaries after you die.
- There is little flexibility when it comes to early repayments. You’ll nearly always face an early repayment charge.
Editor’s Rating: 4.81
- Minimum Amount of Equity Offered: £10,000
- Maximum Amount of Equity Offered: Not specified
- Minimum Age Limit: 55 years
- Maximum Age Limit: Not specified
- Property Minimum Value: £70,000
- Property Types: Houses that are detached, semi‑detached, or terraced, bungalows, and flats
Sun Life Equity Release Interest Rates & Schemes Compared
Sun Life Scheme Features
- Average Interest Rates: 3.16%
- Customer Review Ratings: A+
- Special Features: Free valuation an get up to 65% of your home’s value
Are you looking for a specific equity release scheme?
These are some of the schemes offered or covered by Sun Life.
Not what you’re looking for?
Have a look at all the equity release schemes available on the market,
With our easy-to-use table or compare the equity release rates!
Learn More About Sun Life
SunLife is a plan provider designed for over 50s.
- Life insurance for over 50s
- Equity release
- Funeral plans
- Home insurance
Sunlife won the 2021 Feefo Trusted Service for consistently delivering excellence.
- Financial Conduct Authority (FAC) ¹
- Financial Services Authority Now the Prudential Regulation Authority (PRA) ¹
Companies House Link
- Companies House Link: Companies House Link
Sun Life Contact Number & Address
- 0800 633 55 66
- Sun Life 1 Wythall Green Way, Wythall, Birmingham B47 6WG
Is Sun Life a Member of the Equity Release Council?
No, Sun Life is not a member of the Equity Release Council.
What Are Sun Life's Interest Rates on Equity Release?
On average, people who have used the SunLife Equity Release Service access an interest rate of 3.16%. However, depending on your circumstances, there are many plans available with rates lower than 3%.
Who Owns Sun Life?
SunLife is owned by Phoenix Group, Europe’s largest life and pensions consolidator. It was previously owned by AXA until 2016.
Where is Sun Life Located?
Sun Life’s head office is located in Liverpool, with branch offices in London, Manchester, and Sunderland.
Does Sun Life Do Equity Release?
Yes, Sun Life does equity release.
Is Sun Life Equity Release Safe?
Yes, they’re a member of the equity release council and follow their guidelines. They’re also FCA regulated.
So here’s the scoop – our intention is to help you by finding the best Sun Life lifetime mortgage so that you can spend the money on something that you really want, rather than on a high tax bill.
Before You Go…
Use the FREE Calculator Below 👇