Santander Equity Release Review
Before You Start Reading…
How Much Can You Release? 👇
Santander Equity Release
Are you wondering if Santander equity release could be for you?
It’s REALLY hard to choose the best equity release provider with all the choices available.
Or is it?
The companies we profile, are the best in the business to help you unlock the cash tied into your home.We’re here to help you:
- Understand the services that Santander offers.
- Determine if they might be able to assist you and your family on your equity release journey.
Let’s find out NOW!
As experts in the equity release field (we’ve reviewed more than 250 schemes!), we’ve combed the market, researched all equity release service providers and narrowed it down to who’s on top.
Is Santander the ideal equity release loan company to assist you and your family?
What’s Equity Release?
An equity release mortgage is, in a nutshell, a loan plus interest that is paid back to the lender when the homeowner passes away or goes into permanent care.
Who Are Santander?
L&G equity release mortgages are sold by Santander.1
Santander has entered into a five-year agreement with Legal & General Home Finance,
To provide the company’s lifetime mortgages to its existing customers who are having trouble paying off their interest-only mortgage.
What About the Santander Equity Release Calculator?
Before you consider using the Santander calculator, please take note.
Our providers can almost always match & BEAT any existing equity release quote that you find through Santander.
So first use this calculator below & see how much you can release.
How Much Can You Release?
Use the Calculator Below 👇
Why Consider Santander?
Santander Reviews & Ratings
- Santander Reviews on UK.TrustPilot.com
- Reviews of Santander on ChooseWisely.co.uk
- Santander Reviewed on SmartMoneyPeople.com
Santander Equity Release Complaints
If you’re unhappy with your experience and would like to make a complaint then the best way to do this is reach out directly on their website.
They care about their customers and will forward you to the relevant department.
The alternative is to use a review site such as Trustpilot or Feefo and leave a review, and they’ll quickly reach out to you to assist.
Pros & Cons
- Equity release at 2.21%.
- Free valuation fee
- No monthly payments unless you prefer interest-only
- Continue to live in your home and retain 100% ownership
- You can still move home as Equity Release is transferable
- Santander offers home equity line of credit, with no closing or application fees, to homeowners looking to take advantage of the equity they’ve accumulated in their home.
- lack of resources and small geographical coverage
- They feature attractive options for people with high savings balances, but are less convenient for borrowers with shakier financial histories.
- Santander has basic tools on their website, including an online application, mobile app, and home equity calculator. However, it is missing important information, like interest rates and similar specific details. Common complaints include a confusing online banking service and unhelpful customer service representatives.
Editor’s Rating: 4.67
Santander Equity Release Interest Rates
Are you looking for a specific equity release scheme?
These are some of the schemes offered or covered by Santander.
Not what you’re looking for?
Have a look at all the equity release schemes available on the market,
With our easy-to-use table or compare the equity release rates!
Learn More About Santander
Santander is a major retail and commercial bank in the UK and is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Spanish multinational financial services company Banco Santander.
The bank was established in 2010, after Abbey National combined with the savings business and branches of Bradford & Bingley.
Alliance & Leicester merged into Santander in May of the same year.
The company’s new goals are in line with Banco Santander’s European strategy.
Its aim is to be the greatest bank for all of its stakeholders, focusing on client loyalty, simplicity, increased efficiency, and long-term development.
Santander offers innovative products and services to help individuals and companies succeed.
It manages its company via three client business divisions, backed by the Corporate Centre, to deliver high-quality, seamless service throughout its branch network, digital, and telephonic channels.
The bank’s unique worldwide offering gives it access to a wide range of markets while also providing significant experience and insight.
- 2 Triton Square
- Regent’s Place
- NW1 3ANN W 1 3 A N
- UNITED KINGDOM
- Santander Cards UK Limited
- Santander Cards
- GE Capital Bank Limited
FCA Permitted Services
- Other Services
- Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) 2
- Financial Services Authority Now the Prudential Regulation Authority (PRA) 3
- FCA Ref Number: 204572
- FCA Reg Number: 1456283
FCA & Companies House Link
Santander Contact Number
- 2 Triton Square, Regent’s Place, London NW1 3AN
Is Santander a Member of the Equity Release Council?
No, Santander is not a member of the Equity Release Council.
What Are Santander's Interest Rates on Equity Release?
They are 2.99% for the first 12 months. After that, they rise to 3.20%.
Who Owns Santander?
Santander Bank, formerly Sovereign Bank, is a wholly owned subsidiary of the Spanish Santander Group.
Where is Santander Located?
Santander is a UK-based bank, but it does have operations in the US and Latin America. It has over 150 million customers from all of its countries of operation
Does Santander Do Equity Release?
Yes, Santander does equity release
Is Santander Equity Release Safe?
Yes, they’re a member of the equity release council and follow their guidelines. They’re also FCA regulated.
So here’s the scoop – our intention is to help you by finding the best Santander lifetime mortgage so that you can spend the money on something that you really want, rather than on a high tax bill.
Before you decide if Santander equity release is suitable for you, you should chat with your financial adviser to make sure.
Before You Go…
Use the FREE Calculator Below 👇